Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is my recipe for pasta salad that I made for Labor Day. Feel free to adjust or embellish the recipe to your family's whims. Try using red pepper instead of green, dill pickle instead of olives, macaroni instead of bow ties, etc. It tastes better the second day. Play with the ratio of mayo to sour cream until you get a consistency you like. Most of all, enjoy making this recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) box bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can kalamata olives in red wine vinegar, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian cheese blend
- 1⁄2-1 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2-1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2-1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) packet hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Prepare and combine ingredients.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled.
Oh my goodness, this was just so good. I made it for a family BBQ and everyone just loved it. Best mayo based pasta salad I have tried. I will be making this again. I did add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne. We like spice. Thanks for sharing your recipe!