Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Fry bacon in medium-size fry pan until crisp.
- Remove and reserve bacon.
- Add sugar, vinegar, and wine to bacon fat; stir and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour this hot mixture over the cabbage.
- Toss with vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and caraway seeds.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over mixture.
- Serve at room temperature.
Made a few tweaks: Added about 1/2 c. raisins to the dressing and 1/2 c. fine diced onion. Heats up well the next day too!
This very good, but very different with the caraway seeds. DH really liked it. Thanks for posting the recipe.