Recipe by dianegrapegrower
Use whatever vegetables are in season, aiming for a nice mix of colors and flavors. A tasty, colorful weeknight meal.
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 cups diced vegetables (snap peas, green beans, summer squash, broccoli, cauliflower)
- 2 cups shredded leafy greens
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces peeled shrimp
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 2 quarts salted water on high heat for cooking the pasta. While the water heats, prep all the vegetables. (If using frozen shrimp, thaw them).
- When the water boils, start cooking pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm if done before the vegetables.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Add mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper, stirring occasionally.
- When the mushrooms are tender, add the vegetables, continuing to stir.
- When the vegetables reach the hot-crisp state, add the kale, tomatoes, shrimp, and garlic. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- When kale and shrimp are cooked, add drained pasta to the vegetable mixture. Add basil, and stir to combine.