1/1 Photo of Rosti Potatoes With Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs
In Switzerland, rosti means "crisp and golden." The word has become symonymous with the country's famous potato cake. This potato cake makes a delicious cushion for ribbons of smoked salmon and lightly scrambled eggs. Simpley finish with a sprinkling of capers, diced red onion, chives and dill. This dish is fit for a king's breakfast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large idaho potatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
To serve and garnish
- 1To make the rosti potatoes, peel the potatoes and steam for 15 minutes, let cool.
- 2Using the large hole of a box grater, shred the potatoes.
- 3Season the shredded potatoes with salt and pepper and form them into 6 cakes.
- 4In a large skillet; heat half the butter over medium heat.
- 5Carefully place 3 of the cakes in the skillet and brown them on both sides for about 5 to 7 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- 6Remove and drain on paper towels, and repeat with the remaining butter and cakes (the potatoes can be made up to 1 hour in advance, then rewarmed before serving).
- 7To make the scrambled eggs, in the top of a double boiler on in a stainless steel bowl that will rest securely on top of a pot of simmering water, whisk together the eggs, creme fraiche, salt and pepper.
- 8Place the mixture over a pot of simmering water and stir, folding the eggs with a rubber spatula until they are very lightly scrambled.
- 9To serve and garnish; place one warm rosti potato in the center of each warmed plate.
- 10Form two slices od salmon into circular ribbons on top of each rosti.
- 11Place a spoonfull of scrambled eggs on top of the smoked salmon and garnish with a dollop of creme fraiche.
- 12Sprinkle with capers, red onion, chives and dill and serve to 6 very lucky people.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosti Potatoes With Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.2
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 480.8 mg
- Sodium 182.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: