Ahhhhhh! Ross Burden is my favorite BBC Ready Steady Cook chef, so easy on the eyes. This is one of my favorite recipes in his collection, so easy on the palate...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pointed cabbage leaves
- 140 g long grain rice, cooked
- 30 g fresh coriander
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 cm fresh gingerroot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 red chile, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Half fill a medium saucepan with water.
- 2Season with salt and bring to the boil.
- 3Blanch the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes.
- 4Drain and refresh the cabbage leaves under cold water to retain the colour.
- 5Cut out the thick end of each cabbage leaf stalk.
- 6In a blender, blend together the coriander, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, lime zest and juice and 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce.
- 7Transfer the coriander mixture into a bowl and fold in the rice.
- 8Divide the rice mixture between the four cabbage leaves.
- 9Fold in the sides of each cabbage leaf, then roll them up ensuring all the filling is enclosed.
- 10Secure with a cocktail stick if necessary.
- 11Place the stuffed cabbage leaves, join side down in a microwave proof dish.
- 12Pour the remaining soy sauce and sesame oil over the stuffed cabbage leaves.
- 13Microwave on High for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ross Burden's Asian Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 601.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: