1/2 Photos of Rosemary-Parmesan Sourdough Bread
3 hrs 20 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
While visiting my local Quiznos decided to try to make my own. Used a couple of my favorite Zaar recipes as the starting point. Made two loaves yesterday . . . friends stopped in and we devoured one loaf with cheese. It was deemed ready for the public! Next time may try adding a couple tablespoons of sun dried tomatoes.
My Private Note
1 pound ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sourdough starter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups bread flour (depending on the consistency of the starter more may be needed)
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Proof starter over night before making bread.
- 2To Kitchen Aid mixing bowl add all the ingredients (except toppings).
- 3Using dough hook mix until a satin ball is formed (approximately 12-15 minutes); adding additional flour as needed.
- 4Remove dough to greased bowl, turning once to coat.
- 5Cover and allow to rise until doubled (approximately 1 hour).
- 6Form into 1 large or 2 smaller free-form loaves and place on parchment paper or pizza peel dusted with corn meal.
- 7Cover and allow bread to rise until double in size.
- 8Preheat oven to 375 dgrees.
- 9Lightly beat 1 egg white with 1 tablespoon water.
- 10Brush top of loaves with egg wash and then sprinkle with fresh parmesan.
- 11Bake a 375 deghrees for 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of the loaves.
Browse Our Top Sourdough Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sourdough Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rosemary-Parmesan Sourdough Bread
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1059.4
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 1849.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: