- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- In a food processor, combine dry ingredients. Add the butter and pulse 10 times until it looks like coarse meal. Add cheese and pulse a couple times. Turn on the motor and add the cream in a slow steady stream. The dough will form into a ball. Take the dough out and roll it into a log a couple of inches in diameter. Wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 2 days.
- Heat oven to 325°F; slice dough into 1/8" slices; bake on cookie sheet, covered in parchment paper, for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and eat.
- Variation: Cheddar-Cayenne; increase flour to 1 cup; substitute cheddar for Parmigiano-Reggiano and 1/4 tsp cayenne for rosemary.
- Black Pepper-Lemon: increase flour to 1 cup; substitute 1 1/4 tsp cracked pepper for ground pepper and add zest of 2 lemons; substitute asiago cheese for P-R cheese and reduce cream to 3 TBS.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!