South Beach Parmesan Crackers
photo by gemini08
- Ready In:
50 crackers approx
- 8 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degress.
- If using seasonings, mix cheese and seasoings
- Place a 2Tbs mound of cheese on a nonstick baking sheet, and using the back of a spoon (or your thumb) press the mound into a circle that is about 2-2 1/2inches in diameter.
- Repeat the previous step, with about 1 inch between circles.
- Bake for about 8-12 minuets, or until the crackersare golden brown.
- Allow the crackers to cool on the baking sheet until they set, and then transfer to a paper towel lined plate or hard surface. This will help drain excess oils.
- Store in a airtight container between layers of wax paper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I like parmesan cheese (alot) and I tried making these twice and did not like how they turned out. The first time I made them exactly like the reciped stated and had problems with them staying together. I thought they might "melt" together in the oven but they did not, they came out falling apart and I also thought they tasted kind of bitter. The second time I tried to make these I added a little egg white like suggested by another who had tried this and that helped them stay together better, but the taste was still sort of bitter, I don't know if it was overly salty (I like things salty), they just didn't taste good. It was a good idea, but for me I did not like the outcome.