Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love a healthy, quick veggie dish and this one is sure to please! I'm posting this from one of those freebie recipe cards I found in the mail.
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb new potato, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper strip
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- Place water in 3 quart saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add sliced potatoes, onion, bouillion and garlic.
- Return to boil.
- Cover. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until potatoes are tender-crisp. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Return to heat.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until hot, stirring occassionally.
- Cover. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
We will be having this one again as it worked quite well. We used red cooking potatoes instead of new potatoes. It was not too vinegary, which is sometimes a problem for me.
We really enjoyed this dish - DH really liked the different flavor it had. I think I cooked my potatoes a little too long, though it was less than 10 minutes, as they got a little "mashed" as I stirred the other ingredients in with them. But the dish turned out very tasty; I needed to add a little salt and pepper at the table. Very nice recipe, thanks DuChick. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.