Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These savoury Muffins go well with soup.
Make and share this Rosemary Buttermilk Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees (200c).
- Spray 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt Stir in crushed rosemary.
- Make a well in center of dry ingrediants; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk melted butter with the buttermilk and grated onion; beat thoroughly.
- Pour into well of dry ingredients, stirring only until the flour is moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffins cups.
- Sprinkle tops with cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm.
These had a nice flavor and were best when served warm. The left-overs were not as appealing.
Yum! DH and I really enjoyed these. I made a number of changes, though: I used 1 cup ww flour, 1/3 c melted Smart Balance, upped the rosemary to 1 1/2 t, and forgot the parmesan LOL! I also used powdered buttermilk and fresh cut chives (needed to use them up). These were very tender muffins, and tasted great with lentil soup. Thanks for posting a keeper!