Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fruity, summery, easy to make soup.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans apricots (not in heavy syrup if you can manage it, otherwise just rinse and drain really well)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans carrots (any cut is fine)
- 1 (24 ounce) box Swanson chicken broth (or equivalent brand)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 1⁄4 cup apricot brandy
- cayenne pepper
- onion powder
- Pour Chicken Broth into large pot and bring to boil.
- Add boneless skinless chicken to pot.
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons of rosemary, salt, fresh ground pepper (add salt and pepper based on personal preference).
- Drain and rinse Carrots and Apricots.
- Soak Apricots and Carrots in apporx. 1/4 apricot brandy (this can be done the night before for more flavor).
- Pour Apricots, Carrots, and brandy into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, removed from broth and shred with forks (I personally prefer a pulled bbq consistency, but chunks are just as good).
- Pour Pureed apricot/carrot mixture into the remaining chicken broth and add shredded chicken.
- Add about 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper, and 1/8 tsp of onion powder.
- Add additional Rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to boil an additional 10-15 minutes.
- serve heated.