Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Coconut and Lime Blog
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, shredded
- 1 cup shredded apple
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon montreal seasoning
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl and with a gentle hand, mix together all ingredients EXCEPT the olive oil.
- Add some additional breadcrumbs if the mixture seems wet. Mold into a loaf and place in a standard loaf pan.
- Spread the olive oil over the top of the loaf (this keeps the moisture locked in) and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until cooked through and the juices run clear. Allow to sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
This was very nice. I used a granny smith apple, diced red onion (instead of shredded) and Montreal Steak Spice Rub for the montreal seasoning. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to squeeze the apple and drain off the juice after shredding, but I was afraid it would be too wet, so I did, but only removed some of the liquid. After 40 min. the meatloaf was only 125F in the center so I put it in for another 15 min. which brought it up to 160F. The rosemary is very strong (to be expected, I guess!) so I might cut back on it a bit next time, but otherwise this was good. Served with Couscous Salad With Spices but also looking forward to leftover meatloaf sandwiches. :) Thanks for sharing!