Recipe by *Nabiha*
A lovely recipe from Tarla Dalal. Posting here for safekeeping. Total time does not include time required for freezing.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cream
- 8 -10 red rose petals
- 2 -3 drops rose essence
- 1⁄4 cup roasted and sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the cornflour in 4 tablespoons of cold milk.
- Combine the milk, cornflour solution and sugar in a pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously. Cool completely.
- Add the cream, rose petals, rose essence and mix well. Pour into a shallow container. Cover and freeze till it is almost set.
- Divide the mixture into 2 batches and churn each batch separately in a blender till it is smooth. Add the almonds and mix lightly.
- Transfer both batches into a shallow container. Cover and freeze till it is firm. Scoop and serve.