Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted here for safekeeping. You can use milk instead of cream.
- 3 ounces Roquefort cheese or 3 ounces blue cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese or 6 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- white pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced fresh chives or 1⁄2 teaspoon minced green onion top
- 8 inches pastry shells, partly cooked
- To partly bake the pastry shell:
- Bake in middle of oven at 400 degrees F. for 8-9 minutes.
- For the filling:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place oven rack in upper third of oven.
- Beat cheese, butter and cream with a fork, then beat in the eggs.
- Force the mixture through a sieve, to get rid of the lumps.
- Season to taste and stir in the chives or green onion tops.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or til puffed and browned.