1/3 Photos of Root Beer Float Cookies
Oh yeah, baby! Your favorite childhood drink in a cookie form! A great novelty cookie, especially good for root beer lovers (like moi!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons root beer extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- 3In a large bowl combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 cup butter, buttermilk and eggs, 2 teaspoons root beer extract and vanilla.
- 4Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- 5Add flour baking soda and salt.
- 6Beat on low speed until dough forms.
- 7Drop by heaping teaspoonful 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- 9In a mixing bowl combine frosting ingredients beat at low speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- 10Spread frosting on evenly over cookies.
- 11Let dry completely before storing in container.
- 12Makes 5 dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Root Beer Float Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.5
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 64.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g