Oh yeah, baby! Your favorite childhood drink in a cookie form! A great novelty cookie, especially good for root beer lovers (like moi!)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons root beer extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon root beer extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 cup butter, buttermilk and eggs, 2 teaspoons root beer extract and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add flour baking soda and salt.
- Beat on low speed until dough forms.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl combine frosting ingredients beat at low speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- Spread frosting on evenly over cookies.
- Let dry completely before storing in container.
- Makes 5 dozen cookies.