1/6 Photos of Root Beer Float Cookies
Autism Mommy's Note:
You will not believe how good these are! If you tell no one what they are, they will completely be devoured while the whole time you hear "What is in these? Cinnamon? Chocolate? Molasses?" Then you tell them exactly what they are and you are guaranteed "Oh my gosh, you're right! That's it! It's root beer!" Then what always comes next is "I need this recipe!!!" So, because I'm sick of handing out the recipe, here it is for everyone. *Root Beer Extract/Concentrate is often hard to find, but you can order it online from Zatarains if you can't find it by all the other extracts in your grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons root beer extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Lightly grease cookie sheets and set aside.
- 3In large mixing bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, butter, buttermilk, eggs, root beer extract and vanilla.
- 4Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- 5Add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 6Beat at low speed until soft dough forms.
- 7Drop by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- 8Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set.
- 9Cool completely before frosting.
- 10For Frosting:
- 11Combine all ingredients.
- 12Beat at low speed until well combined and smooth.
- 13Spread frosting evenly on cookies and allow to dry completely before storing.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Root Beer Float Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 73.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g