Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for Zaar World Tour. A Spanish recipe found on www.tienda.com.
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet spanish paprika (PimentÃ³n de la Vera)
- 1 chili pepper
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 head garlic
- 1 dozen almonds, blanched and peeled
- 2 dozen hazelnuts, skinned
- 1 sprig mint, chopped
- 1 slice bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1. Remove seeds from chili pepper and grind into a powder.
- 2. Roast the tomatoes and garlic in a hot oven for 15 minutes.
- 3. Skin the tomatoes, cut them in half, and remove the seeds. Skin the garlic cloves.
- 4. Put the tomatoes in a food provessor with the garlic, pimentón, almonds, hazelnuts, mint, bread, parsley, and part of the olive oil.
- 5. Process until you have a smooth puree.
- 6. Beat in the remaining oil, vinegar and pepper.