Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice pork roast
- 1 kg scoth pork roast
- 1 eggplant
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 60 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, rough chopped
- 400 g tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Heat 1 Tbs of oil in a large frying pan over a high heat, then sear the pork roast and allow all the sides to lightly brown.
- Remove pork and elevate on a rack in a baking dish.
- Place in the oven and cook for 40 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Cut the eggplant into small chunks and place into a collander.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and allow to stand for 10 minutes before rinsing and patting dry with kitchen paper towel.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the onion and eggplant, cook for 8 minutes and until the eggplant is slightly golden, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and add the tomato, sugar and the olives.
- Stir to combine and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Just before serving add the parsley and season to taste.
- Rest the pork, covered with foil, for 5-10 minutes before serving sliced with the vegetables.