This is one goood chicken dish! It makes a pretty presentation, so works well for company.
Make and share this Romano Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 20 ounces diced chicken (thigh or breast)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 10 mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper (pureed)
- 6 basil leaves, julienned
- 20 ounces cooked cavatappi pasta
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated romano cheese (or more)
- In a saute pan, heat oil and place garlic, chicken, and mushrooms and cook till chicken is seared.
- Add all remaining ingredients except basil and cook till sauce is reduced almost to point of being thickened.
- Toss pasta into sauce, then add basil, toss.
- Remove to a serving dish and sprinkle with romano.
- Time does not include cooking time for pasta.