Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray. I saw her make this on an episode of 30 Minute Meals and it looked wonderful!
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Toast nuts over low heat in a small skillet until crisp and fragrant.
- Place romaine in salad bowl and scatter the red onions down over the greens.
- In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar and fresh or dried rosemary using a fork or small whisk. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil into the dressing until combined.
- Season the dressing with salt, to taste. Dress and toss salad and adjust seasoning.
This was a really tasty dressing! I, too, upped the marmalade to 2-3 Tbsp. I will definitely make this again; thanks! I've since made this several more times, including once, for co-workers (5 of them), who all asked for the recipe, so that should be 6 five-star reviews, right?
Outstanding combination of flavors! I doubled the orange marmalade in the dressing, making the only change I made to the recipe. This is excellent and could be served with any variety of different meals. Thank you, SusieQusie!
Loved this salad! I used almonds in place of the walnuts and otherwise followed the recipe. I used a high quality balsamic vinegar and it was the predominant flavor in the dressing (didn't mind one bit). You may want to increase the marmalade if you would like a pronounced orange flavor.