1/1 Photo of Romaine Salad With Red Onions, Walnuts and Orange Vinaigrette
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray. I saw her make this on an episode of 30 Minute Meals and it looked wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Toast nuts over low heat in a small skillet until crisp and fragrant.
- 2Place romaine in salad bowl and scatter the red onions down over the greens.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the marmalade, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar and fresh or dried rosemary using a fork or small whisk. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil into the dressing until combined.
- 4Season the dressing with salt, to taste. Dress and toss salad and adjust seasoning.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romaine Salad With Red Onions, Walnuts and Orange Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.4
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g