Lynne the Pirate Queen's Note:
This quick and easy salad from the World's Healthiest Foods site combines some of my absolute favorite ingredients. It tastes so good, and is good for you too! You can save time by buying pre-chopped, bagged romaine lettuce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, outside leaves discarded
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 small avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Remove outer leaves of lettuce heads and discard. Cut off tops of leaves and discard. (Tops are bitter.)
- 2Chop remaining inner leaves. Rinse in cold water, and dry (this will keep the flavor of the salad from getting diluted).
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss with salad greens, red bell pepper, tomato and avocado chunks. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts if desired.
- 4Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Romaine & Avocado Salad
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g