1/3 Photos of Rolled Sugar Cookies
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 25 mins
From a Pillsbury cookbook. Great for the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- colored crystal sugar, if desired
- 1In large bowl, mix 1 cup sugar, the butter, 3 tablespoons milk, vanilla and egg until well-blended.
- 2Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until mixed.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- 4Heat oven to 400*.
- 5On lightly floured surface, roll out 1/3 of the dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. Keep remaining dough refrigerated.
- 6Cut with floured 2-inch cookie cutter.
- 7Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8If not using glaze, sprinkle with sugar.
- 9Bake 5 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- 10Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- 11Cool completely about 15 minutes.
- 12To prepare glaze: In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough milk with spoon until smooth and spreadable.
- 13Spread glaze over cookies.
- 14Sprinkle with colored sugar.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolled Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.0
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.7 mg
- Sodium 523.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 63.0 g
- Protein 8.3 g