Prep1 hr 25 mins
From a Pillsbury cookbook. Great for the holidays.
Make and share this Rolled Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In large bowl, mix 1 cup sugar, the butter, 3 tablespoons milk, vanilla and egg until well-blended.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 400*.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out 1/3 of the dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. Keep remaining dough refrigerated.
- Cut with floured 2-inch cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- If not using glaze, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 5 to 9 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.
- Cool completely about 15 minutes.
- To prepare glaze: In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough milk with spoon until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread glaze over cookies.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar.