Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Most spinach salads are served with a hot dressing or a tart vinegar dressing - this is served with a simple sweet-sour dressing.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 4 green onions, chopped, include tops
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Wash spinach several times to wash off all dirt and sand.
- Tear off stems and tear spinach into bite size pieces.
- Dry spinach with towel and place in bowl.
- Add mushrooms and eggs - sliced.
- Top with bacon pieces.
- For dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients. Place in a glass jar and refrigerate.
- Shake well before using.
Wonderful! Hubby kept on eating more saying this salad is so good! Only change I made was using splenda instead of sugar in the dressing. Served with some rolls for a very complete and healthy dinner. Thanks for sharing!