Rogene's Cauliflower Cashew Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Christmas Eve was the first time we tried this recipe. It was delicious! Much better to suffer from cauliflower mouth than cauliflower ear!!
- Ready In:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed and torn into small pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine lettuce, cauliflower, cheese, croutons and cashews.
- Set aside while preparing dressing.
- To make dressing: Stir together the mayonnaise, sugar and Parmesan cheese. The dressing and salad can be made ahead of time and combined just before serving.
- Tips: try adding 1/2 cup chopped green onions. Adjust the sugar to your taste. A lower calorie option would be to use plain yogurt instead of mayonnaise or salad dressing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is an excellent salad. I found this recipe submitted by Peg Housenga in the Sunday insert of my newspaper (the American Profile) some time ago and have been making it ever since. I was going to post it, but searched for it first and found that the Hill Family saved me time as it was already a part of their GREAT recipes! This salad is for a big group because it makes alot, but I never come home with any when I take it to an event. AND it is easy to make. I have never followed the tips from the test kitchen and added the green onions and have always used Mayo so used the full 1/2 cup sugar.Reply