Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rogene hollows out a bulb of bread and serves this inside, with the bread on the side.
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 3 cups green onions, chopped
- Stir together the soup mix, sour cream and mayonnaise together until well blended.
- Squeeze the spinach dry and stir into the wet mixture.
- Next stir in water chestnuts and green onions.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.
Made for 123 Tag. I served this in a pumpernickel round bread bowl with the torn pieces of the bread around the bowl for dipping...Just Yummmy!
This recipe is so, so delicious (also found on back of Knorr's Veggie Soup packet). I buy 2 rounds of KING'S HAWAIIAN BREAD - One I hollow out as a bread bowl and the other is used for extra dippers (highly recommend this bread - perfect compliment to the dip). IDEAL FOR POTLUCKS OR PARTIES!! Thanks for posting!
A friend of mine, Nancy Brown used to make this- at everyone's request, might I add. She always brought little triangles of white bread and frito scoops to go with it. She passed away three years ago and I just wanted to post the recipe she gave me (she always laughed when I asked for it--telling me it was on the back of the Knorr's vegetable soup mix. But, I swear when I picked up a box it wasn't there! I miss you, Nancy.