Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Christmas Eve was the first time we tried this recipe. It was delicious! Much better to suffer from cauliflower mouth than cauliflower ear!!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed and torn into small pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine lettuce, cauliflower, cheese, croutons and cashews.
- Set aside while preparing dressing.
- To make dressing: Stir together the mayonnaise, sugar and Parmesan cheese. The dressing and salad can be made ahead of time and combined just before serving.
- Tips: try adding 1/2 cup chopped green onions. Adjust the sugar to your taste. A lower calorie option would be to use plain yogurt instead of mayonnaise or salad dressing.
This is an excellent salad. I found this recipe submitted by Peg Housenga in the Sunday insert of my newspaper (the American Profile) some time ago and have been making it ever since. I was going to post it, but searched for it first and found that the Hill Family saved me time as it was already a part of their GREAT recipes! This salad is for a big group because it makes alot, but I never come home with any when I take it to an event. AND it is easy to make. I have never followed the tips from the test kitchen and added the green onions and have always used Mayo so used the full 1/2 cup sugar.