1/1 Photo of Rocky Road Chocolate Cake (Crock-Pot)
4 hrs 15 mins
This rich, gooey, cake from Southern Living is "baked" in a slow cooker. It's best served warm. Topping with chocolate or vanilla ice cream is a nice touch, but not necessary because the cake is so rich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups milk, divided
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1Beat cake mix, next 5 ingredients, and 1 1/4 cups milk at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Pour batter into a lightly greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
- 2Cook remaining 2 cups milk in a heavy nonaluminum saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or just until bubbles appear (do not boil); remove from heat.
- 3Sprinkle cook-and-serve pudding mix over batter. Slowly pour hot milk over pudding. Cover and cook on LOW 3 1/2 hours.
- 4Meanwhile, heat pecans in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- 5Turn off slow cooker. Sprinkle cake with pecans, marshmallows, and chocolate morsels. Let stand 15 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly melted.
- 6Spoon into dessert dishes, and serve with ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rocky Road Chocolate Cake (Crock-Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 715.0
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 902.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 59.7 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: