Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The name describes the appearance of the cakes, not the texture!! A soft spongy centre with a crusty texture outside. I loved making these as a child, and loved eating them too!!
- Preheat oven to Gas 6/400F degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Put flour, salt, spice, butter/margarine in processer/mixer and mix.
- Add egg and sugar and mix again.
- Add enough milk/water to bind the mixture (if the mixture is too soft the cakes will flatten and spread).
- FOLD in the dried fruit.
- Put on the baking sheet in small rough heaps.
- Bake for 15 minutes.