Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a favorite on Thanksgiving. The vinaigrette dressing makes this an awesome salad. My sister makes this and is requested every year for a salad on Thanksgiving.
- 1 head butter lettuce, chopped
- 283.49 g can mandarin oranges, drained
- 170.09 g package pecans, sautaed
- 283.49 g can French fried onion rings
- 236.59 ml oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml mustard
- 103.53 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml celery seed
- The above ingredients can be put in a bowl ahead of time, but do not mix with dressing until you're ready to serve.
- In a blender, mix all salad dressing ingredients, except vinegar and celery seed first. Add vinegar and celery seed and mix for 30 seconds. Add dressing to salad and toss to coat just before you serve.
Very nice blend of flavors. I agree with the other reviews that a half recipe of the dressing is plenty.
I really enjoyed this salad very much. I only made half the recipe of dressing and it made a full dressing bottle's worth. The salad itself is simple, yet looks very festive. The dressing is very tasty and went well with the salad ingredients.
Your Sister did good with this recipe. I can see why it is requested every year. I used Oven Dried Onion / Garlic Flakes for the onions so to keep the fat down. I also cut the dressing down by 1/2 but still had most of it left over. So I suggest making 1/4 of the recipe. I also used just a touch of sugar. I did have to add some fresh garden tomatoes. Yum!