Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I needed a quick side dish to go with salmon. I made this up with what was left in my cupboards and it was quite tasty!
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a microwavable dish, mix broth and seasonings, except parsley.
- Add rice and microwave for 5 minutes (or as minute rice directs).
- Remove from microwave and let rice sit for 2-4 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. (Covering dish with plastic wrap will help with the absorption).
- Fluff rice with fork and garnish with dried parsley.
I was out of regular white rice to make the Greek rice pilaf that I usually have with chicken kabobs and grilled veggies, but I had some Minute Rice on hand. All I did was add some lemon juice to make this similar to my other recipe, and it was so delicious. Quick and easy too!
I forgot to put my rice in the steamer before starting dinner last night! I'd found a box of minute rice, hiding in the back of the pantry, a couple days ago too, so finding your recipe to use it up was a real treat! This was super easy and tasted great! Made as directed, except I used my homemade Italian seasoning blend. Served with recipe #278159, and wrapped in tortillas, it was a healthy and satisfying 30 minute meal. Thanks for sharing your creation, Robyn! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :) http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This sure was simple! I did adjust the spices a bit (used about half the seasoned salt and half the pepper and omitted the parsley as I didn't have any). I will definitely make this again. Made for Fall PAC 2009 Thx Robyn!