Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my own version of a southern favorite.
- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 jumbo eggs (or extra large)
- 15 ounces evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- pie shell, unbaked
- Mix all ingredients and pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 25 minutes longer or until set in center.
- Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Cook time includes cooking sweet potatoes.