- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan combine chocolate, coffee, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 T water. Stir low heat until dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Stir til smooth. cool.
- Add vanilla, egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each til yellow disappears.
- Beat egg whites with remaining sugaruntil stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold chocolate mixture into egg white mixture til well combined.
- Spoon into sherbert dishes.
- Chill one hour, at least.
- Top with whipped cream.