1/1 Photo of Roasted Winter Squash With Browned Butter and Sage
You've guessed it...another browned butter recipe. I just can't help myself. Should be categorized as dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 3Brush the oil on the foil and the cut sides of the squash.
- 4Roast until a skewer inserted in the squash meets no resistance, about 40-50 minutes.
- 5When the squash is almost done, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add the sage and cook, swirling the pan occasionally, until the butter is golden brown and the sage is crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- 7Remove the squash from the oven and turn cut-side up and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Drizzle or brush with the sage butter sauce and sprinkle with brown sugar. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Winter Squash With Browned Butter and Sage
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 849.5
- Calories from Fat 864
- Total Fat 96.1 g
- Saturated Fat 47.4 g
- Cholesterol 183.1 mg
- Sodium 9.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves