Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
In 'Williams-Sonoma Vegetable'
- 1 lb sweet potatoes or 1 lb yam, peeled
- 1⁄2 lb parsnip, peeled
- 1⁄2 lb rutabaga, peeled
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, peeled
- 8 -10 shallots
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave (or 1/4 t. dried)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Cut the sweet potatoes, parsnips, rutabagas, and carrots into large two-bite chunks (about 1 1/2 inches).
- Peel the shallots; leave them whole if they are small or halve them if they are large.
- Place all the vegetables in a roasting pan that is large enough to accommodate them in a single layer.
- Drizzle the vegetables with the olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the vegetables, turning them once or twice to ensure even cooking, until they are tender when pierced with a fork and browned at the edges, 35-40 minutes.
- Serve at once.