Recipe by breezermom
These vegetables are made extra yummy by roasting them. It emphasizes the sweetness of the vegetables, and cooking at a high heat seals in the flavor and carmelizes the vegetables. This is wonderful with ham!
Top Review by Sarabbismama
Very yummy. I used them as a side for a dinner party and to make things easier I pre-roasted the veggies for 20 min, and then when it was closer to time for dinner I put the sauce on and roasted for the final 20 min. They were perfect and piping hot when served.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 lb turnip, peeled and cut into 1/1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh and chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano or 1 tablespoon marjoram, fresh and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Arrange vegetables in a single layer in a large roasting pan or broiler pan.
- Roast at 450° for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned, stirring gently every 10 minutes. Stir in herbs and salt just before serving.