1/2 Photos of Roasted Whole Sweet Potatoes With Maple Ginger Topping
1 hr 10 mins
Adapted from Southern Living magazine. I used to eat a version of these at a steakhouse in Louisiana and was happy to find a recipe that comes very close. I added my own additions to the recipe to make it come closer to what the restaurant served. You may use light sour cream, reduced sodium salt,reduced calorie margarine, and sugar free maple syrup if necessary - I have made these both ways with success. Elegant enough to serve to dinner guests, and recipe doubles easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium whole sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 1/2 cup sour cream (light or regular)
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted (I also like candied nuts)
- 4 teaspoons butter or 4 teaspoons margarine, to taste (optional)
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar or 4 teaspoons cinnamon sugar, garnish (optional)
- 1Poke each potato several times with a fork to pierce the skin.
- 2Set onto a foil lined baking sheet.
- 3Bake in a preheated oven at 375 F for 1 hour or until potatoes are very tender.
- 4Meanwhile, mix together the sour cream, syrup, salt,& cinnamon.
- 5When potatoes are ready, slice them open, fluff the middles with a fork a bit, and top with a pat of butter (about 1 tsp or so each), a dollop of the topping, a sprinkling of the nuts, and if desired, a light sprinkling of brown sugar (or just dust with a litle extra cinnamon or cinnamon sugar).
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Whole Sweet Potatoes With Maple Ginger Topping
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.8
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 261.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g