Weight Watchers recipe. Roasted zucchini and asparagus are served over a creamy polenta, low in fat and calories, but still very filling! Takes less than 30 minutes!
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 small zucchini, 1/4 inch slices (or equivalent)
- 1 red onion, sliced into 3/4 inch chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 3⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil (optional) or 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 475 degree's and line 15x10x1 pan with non-stick foil and/or spray with cooking spray.
- Toss veggies together (the garlic too), drizzle with olive oil and roast for 18 minutes, stirring once.
- While veggies are roasting, combine red wine vinegar and splenda, set aside.
- Pour milk into saucepan and set over medium heat, slowly add cornmeal and basil or rosemary, if using, and stir constantly. Heat for 5-7 minutes, until mixture thickens. This is a light & creamy polenta, so should not be dense or lumpy. Pour polenta into three serving bowls.
- Remove veggies from oven and pour red wine mixture over top, stirring to combine.
- Top polenta with veggies and grated parmesan cheese.