Roasted Veggie and Bocconcini Salad
photo by katew
- Ready In:
- 2 large tomatoes, halved, seeds removed and cut into quarters
- 2 orange peppers, cut into quarters
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 3 cups baby potatoes, cooked and halved
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces and blanched
- 8 bocconcini, cut into quarters or
- 2 cups pearl bocconcini
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place tomatoes, peppers and onions on a non stick baking sheet.
- Roast in oven approximately 15-20 minutes or until softened.
- Remove, cool and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Shake together in a sealable container the.
- oil, mustard, lemon juice, chopped basil, salt and pepper.
- Toss gently, in a large bowl, all the vegetables and both cheeses along with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a beautiful and delicious salad! The dressing is phenominal (although I did stir in a crushed clove of garlic after whipping it with the immersion blender.) I'd not made anything eith bocconcini before, and I don't know why! Oh, I had some beautiful grape tomatoes on hand, so I used those instead of the large tomatoes - one pint worth. Thanks, Lori Mama! Made for Holiday Tag.