A yummy way to have so good for you roasted vegetables with a creamy kicked up sauce. From Giada at Home EPISODE: Feel-Good Food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray, for spraying baking sheet
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2-inch cubes (1 pound-about 3 cups)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- one 15-ounce can kidney bean, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 whole wheat pita breads
- 1For the roasted vegetables: Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a heavy baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- 2In a medium bowl, toss together the butternut squash, zucchini, bell peppers, kidney beans, oil, cumin, oregano and salt. Spread the mixture in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast until the vegetables are golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 3Split the pita breads in half horizontally to make 4 rounds. Arrange in a single layer on a heavy baking sheet. Bake until crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 4For the chipotle cream: In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, lime juice, agave and chipotle pepper until smooth.
- 5Spoon the vegetable mixture on top of the crispy pitas and serve with a dollop of the chipotle cream.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetables With Chipotle Cream
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.9
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 776.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: