Recipe by Sharon123
A yummy way to have so good for you roasted vegetables with a creamy kicked up sauce. From Giada at Home EPISODE: Feel-Good Food.
- vegetable oil cooking spray, for spraying baking sheet
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2-inch cubes (1 pound-about 3 cups)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- one 15-ounce can kidney bean, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 whole wheat pita breads
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (0-percent, or plain soy yogurt or sour cream)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar
- 1 small canned chipotle pepper, finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- For the roasted vegetables: Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a heavy baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the butternut squash, zucchini, bell peppers, kidney beans, oil, cumin, oregano and salt. Spread the mixture in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast until the vegetables are golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Split the pita breads in half horizontally to make 4 rounds. Arrange in a single layer on a heavy baking sheet. Bake until crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For the chipotle cream: In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, lime juice, agave and chipotle pepper until smooth.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture on top of the crispy pitas and serve with a dollop of the chipotle cream.