Recipe by Hey Jude
I'm always on the lookout for veggie recipes for my vegetarian daughter. I loved this easy recipe, which can be made heartier by adding some grilled chicken pieces or smoked sausage slices (for the non-vegetarians of course!) The eggplants are "2 small eggplants" but I couldn't get that past the Zaar editor.
Top Review by Lucky Clover
OMG! These made the best wraps! I just discovered naan a couple of weeks ago, and I am addicted. I didn't want to fire up the grill just for me, so I sauteed the vegetables on the stove and "grilled" the naan in some butter. I spread some roasted red pepper hummus on the bottom, topped with the veggies, and added lettuce and feta cheese. It was to die for! Thanks!
- 2 eggplants, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cored, chopped (or 2 C. halved cherry tomatoes)
- 1⁄3 cup pitted olive, halved
- 4 naan bread or 4 pita bread rounds
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a grill for high heat. Place eggplants, zucchini, onions and mushrooms in a large bowl. Pour oil over vegetables; toss to coat. Place vegetables on a large piece of heavy duty foil with edges folded up to hold in juices.
- Transfer vegetables carefully to the grill. Cover grill and cook for 20 minutes. Add tomatoes to veggie mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 8 more minutes. Carefully slide a large cookie sheet under the foil to remove the vegetables from grill. Add olives to vegetables; season with pepper to taste and set aside.
- Brush naan or pita with olive oil. Grill bread, turning once, 1 minute. Place naan or pita on plates; top with vegetables. Top with Parmesan or goat cheese.