Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious with roast.
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 16 wedges and separated
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled,seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves or 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray jelly roll pan, 15 1/2in.
- x 10 1/2in.
- x 1 inch, with cooking spray.
- Place vegetables in pan.
- Pour oil over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Stir to coat.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
This is an excellent recipe! I used potatoes, red onion, carrots, zucchini and dried herbs. I loved how easy it was to make. And I love that I will be able to use this recipe for lots of different veggies that come in my CSA box that I have no clue what to do with. Prep time took around 5 minutes. Thank you for submitting a recipe that is so simple and tasty.
For someone who doesn't even like squash or sweet potatoes, I was amazed. This dish was delicious! Because I was trying another new recipe at the same time, my timing was off and the roasted veggies were done first, therefore I ate a good third of them before they even made it to the table. The whole family totally enjoyed this and is now a favorite in our family cookbook. I agree with the poster who said to combine ingred in a bowl~ much easier. I also only had white onions for the recipe. Yum!
Made a similar recipe for a preChristmas dinner for my family that I got from my girlfriend. I also used rutabagas (my DH favorite - I microwaved them for 2 min before adding to veggies). And I put in 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary from a plant I brought in for the winter. Used white onions instead. Also baked it from 45-60 min. Everyone LOVED it - even the non-veggie eaters. It was so good I made it again last nite to have while recovering from the stomach flu. All those good orange veggies got to help my system.