Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From 1001 Best Slow Cooker Recipes
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup coarsely chopped white onion
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped turnip
- 1 cup chopped beet
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 small butternut squash or 1⁄2 small acorn squash, cubed
- 1 bulb of garlic, cut in half crosswise
- 3 cups coarsely chopped kale
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried bouquet garni
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 4 whole allspice
- salt and pepper
- Arrange vegetables, except for kale, in a single layer on greased, foil lined jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 425 until tender and browned, about 35-40 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to slow cooker and add remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Strain, discarding solids; season to taste with salt and pepper.