Recipe by gailanng
Southern Living: to make ahead store roasted vegetables in a zip-top plastic freezer bag or an airtight container in the fridge. Before serving, return to room temperature and check seasoning.
- 1 lb parsnip, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 lb small golden beets, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 10 -12 garlic cloves
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 lb small Brussels sprout, trimmed and halved
- 3 fresh rosemary or 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 small bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head radicchio, separated into leaves
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE: Combine all ingredients in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Cover with lid, and shake well. Shake jar again just before serving.
- MAKE-AHEAD TIP: Store the vinaigrette in an airtight container or jar. When it's ready to serve, shake it vigorously to blend the ingredients, and check to see if it needs a little extra salt or pepper.
- ROASTED VEGGIES: Preheat oven to 425°. Divide first 8 ingredients between two aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pans. Drizzle with butter and oil; toss to coat. Spread vegetables in a single layer in each pan, leaving about 1 inch between pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake both pans at 425° for 20 minutes, placing 1 pan on middle oven rack and 1 pan on lower oven rack. Rotate pans front to back, and top rack to bottom rack. Bake 20 to 25 more minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Gently loosen vegetables, and add salt and pepper to taste. Cool completely (about 20 minutes). Discard herb sprigs and bay leaves. Place vegetables in a zip-top plastic freezer bag, and refrigerate 2 hours to 2 days.
- To serve, let vegetables stand 20 minutes or until room temperature. Add 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinaigrette; toss to coat.
- TO FINISH: Arrange radicchio leaves on a serving platter; top with roasted vegetables. Drizzle 1/4 cup vinaigrette over salad. Season with salt and pepper. Serve salad with remaining vinaigrette.