Another recipe I got watching Emeril Lagasse on the Food Network Channel. I also make it a hair different for my family’s tastes but will submit as written by Emeril.
- 1⁄2 lb tomatillo, husked and rinsed
- 1 head garlic, with the top 1/4 removed
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and minced (this is where I differ greatly, I use 3 pablano peppers instead)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion (I prefer red)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Put the tomatillos, garlic and peppers on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven until browned and softened, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the tomatillos in a food processor.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves in the food processor.
- Peel, seed the peppers and place in the food processor.
- Add onions, juice of lemon and lime to the veggies.
- Pulse until the mixture is fully incorporated but not pureed.
- Season the salsa with salt and pepper.