1/2 Photos of Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
Another recipe I got watching Emeril Lagasse on the Food Network Channel. I also make it a hair different for my family’s tastes but will submit as written by Emeril.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb tomatillo, husked and rinsed
- 1 head garlic, with the top 1/4 removed
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and minced (this is where I differ greatly, I use 3 pablano peppers instead)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup minced onion (I prefer red)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1Heat oven to 400°.
- 2Put the tomatillos, garlic and peppers on a baking sheet.
- 3Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- 4Roast the vegetables in the oven until browned and softened, about 15-20 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven and place the tomatillos in a food processor.
- 6Squeeze the garlic cloves in the food processor.
- 7Peel, seed the peppers and place in the food processor.
- 8Add onions, juice of lemon and lime to the veggies.
- 9Pulse until the mixture is fully incorporated but not pureed.
- 10Season the salsa with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.2
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g