Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This came from "Simply Delicious - Flexpoints Cookbook" from Weight Watchers. Out of all the recipes in there, this is the one that I want to try the most. At time of posting, I have not tried this. But I plan on doing so soon. I can't find tofu here in town so it will have to wait until I can get into the city to get some. The book says this is 2 points per serving. The numbers as presented here come up as closer to 3 points (2.9) but that is because it isn't counting on reduced fat tofu. Plus it isn't counting the balsamic vinegar.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb reduced-fat firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths (1 bunch)
- 1 (6 ounce) bag radishes, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Spray a large, nonstick roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the tofu, asparagus, radishes and onion; toss gently to coat.
- **Note: As radishes are never all the same size, I would probably halve the larger ones.
- Turn the mixture into the roasting pan and spread into one layer. Roast until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned, turning once, 20-25 minutes.
- I like my roasted veggies to have that really lovely dark brown colour to them, so I would probably lean towards the end of the cooking time.
This is yummy. The marinade is so tasty! I don't remember ever have cooked radishes before but they are great. I roasted mine a little longer about 30 or so minutes. The vegetables and tofu were a nice brown color. I will definitely make this again. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.