Recipe by Saturn
This came from "Simply Delicious - Flexpoints Cookbook" from Weight Watchers. Out of all the recipes in there, this is the one that I want to try the most. At time of posting, I have not tried this. But I plan on doing so soon. I can't find tofu here in town so it will have to wait until I can get into the city to get some. The book says this is 2 points per serving. The numbers as presented here come up as closer to 3 points (2.9) but that is because it isn't counting on reduced fat tofu. Plus it isn't counting the balsamic vinegar.
Top Review by susie cooks
This is yummy. The marinade is so tasty! I don't remember ever have cooked radishes before but they are great. I roasted mine a little longer about 30 or so minutes. The vegetables and tofu were a nice brown color. I will definitely make this again. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb reduced-fat firm tofu, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths (1 bunch)
- 1 (6 ounce) bag radishes, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, cut into 4 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Spray a large, nonstick roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the vinegar, oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the tofu, asparagus, radishes and onion; toss gently to coat.
- **Note: As radishes are never all the same size, I would probably halve the larger ones.
- Turn the mixture into the roasting pan and spread into one layer. Roast until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned, turning once, 20-25 minutes.
- I like my roasted veggies to have that really lovely dark brown colour to them, so I would probably lean towards the end of the cooking time.