Recipe by Elcowgirl
I got this recipe off of a package of sweet potato fries. The flavour was quite good, however, my younger kids found the spice a bit hot. After dipping them into Ranch dressing they loved them!
Top Review by Jade #3
Very different sweet potato fries. I have made them with cayenne before, but never with such a varied bunch of ingredients. We liked them!! I haven't found the secret to crispy sweet potato fries, but these were good. The brown mustard certainly added to the flavor.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, fries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, stir together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, chili powder, brown mustard, and black pepper.
- Add potatos and stir until evenly coated.
- Arrange fries in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes in a preheated oven.
- Then turn fries over, and continue to bake for 10 minutes, until crispy and browned.
- Season with salt and serve.