Recipe by English_Rose
This is also delicious with crumbled feta cheese scattered over the top for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Daily Mail recipe.
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 4 fat garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 3/4in pieces
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (14 ounce) tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- handful mint or parsley, roughly chopped
- couscous, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Put the onion, garlic and potatoes into a roasting pan, scatter over the spices, season with salt and pepper and drizzle over the oil.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes, honey and 7fl oz water and roast for a further 15 minutes. Stir through the chickpeas and return to the oven for a final 10 minutes. Scatter with the herbs and serve with couscous.