Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Local recipe. Meyer lemon replaced standard lemon.
Make and share this Roasted Squash With Lemon and Nutmeg recipe from Food.com.
- 1 delicata squash, seeded and cut into 1 1/2 inch wedges (can sub similar squash such as any sweet heirloom, butternut, kabocha, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons finely grated meyer lemon zest (or standard lemon)
- 1⁄4 freshly grated nutmeg, to taste (original recipe called for 1/2 teaspoon)
- meyer lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- On rimmed baking sheet (I lined the sheet with parchment paper), arrange the winter squash in a single layer.
- Dot with unsalted butter, cut into small pieces.
- Roast until squash is tender and golden, about 40 minutes. (Not: baking time may vary).
- Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and sprinkle with the Meyer lemon zest and ground nutmeg.
- Serve Meyer lemon wedges on the side.
Oh yum!! This is definitely a make again for DH to try. DD1 (4 years old), DD2 (5 months old) and I liked it a lot. I chose to use acorn squash as it was the variety I had on hand, sea salt, instead of using a hybrid, http://dherbs.com/articles/hybrid-and-genetically-engineered-foods-348.html, I used an organic lemon, I had trouble grating the zest off so I didn't use as much as called for. I substituted allspice in a lesser quantity for the nutmeg as we do not consume intoxicants, plus the rest of the ingredients. Served with Cumin!! Rice and Tzatziki Mexicano. I will make this again the same way. Made for Veggie Swap #46 ~ May 2012 ~