Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Local recipe. Meyer lemon replaced standard lemon.
Make and share this Roasted Squash With Lemon and Nutmeg recipe from Food.com.
- 1 delicata squash, seeded and cut into 1 1/2 inch wedges (can sub similar squash such as any sweet heirloom, butternut, kabocha, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons finely grated meyer lemon zest (or standard lemon)
- 1⁄4 freshly grated nutmeg, to taste (original recipe called for 1/2 teaspoon)
- meyer lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- On rimmed baking sheet (I lined the sheet with parchment paper), arrange the winter squash in a single layer.
- Dot with unsalted butter, cut into small pieces.
- Roast until squash is tender and golden, about 40 minutes. (Not: baking time may vary).
- Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and sprinkle with the Meyer lemon zest and ground nutmeg.
- Serve Meyer lemon wedges on the side.
Oh yum!! This is definitely a make again for DH to try. DD1 (4 years old), DD2 (5 months old) and I liked it a lot. I chose to use acorn squash as it was the variety I had on hand, sea salt, instead of using a hybrid, http://dherbs.com/articles/hybrid-and-genetically-engineered-foods-348.html, I used an organic lemon, I had trouble grating the zest off so I didn't use as much as called for. I substituted allspice in a lesser quantity for the nutmeg as we do not consume intoxicants, plus the rest of the ingredients. Served with Cumin!! Rice and Tzatziki Mexicano. I will make this again the same way. Made for Veggie Swap #46 ~ May 2012 ~