After a trip to the farmers' market this fall I was looking for a simple way to enjoy some of the season's best vegetables. This combination fit the bill. The sugar in the rice wine vinegar really helps with the carmelization of the dish and adds a pleasing tang to this side dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and cut carrots, squash and parsnips into fingers 1/4 inch square and about 2 inches long.
- Toss vegetables together and place in a small roasting pan or gratin dish.
- Sprinkle with Splenda or sugar and vinegar.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir the vegetables.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until tender.