After a trip to the farmers' market this fall I was looking for a simple way to enjoy some of the season's best vegetables. This combination fit the bill. The sugar in the rice wine vinegar really helps with the carmelization of the dish and adds a pleasing tang to this side dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and cut carrots, squash and parsnips into fingers 1/4 inch square and about 2 inches long.
- Toss vegetables together and place in a small roasting pan or gratin dish.
- Sprinkle with Splenda or sugar and vinegar.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir the vegetables.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until tender.
Very nice favors with these three vegies. Took 40 minutes to cook, cut them as directed, used only 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar. Might drizzle with a bit of olive oil next time, but we loved them just with the bit of sugar and vinegar, too.
A nice combination of vegetables, and the rice wine vinegar adds good flavour. It was a touch too vinegary for the kids. It took 40 minutes for everything to be tender, and my oven tends to run a bit hot. Made and enjoyed for Zaar World Tour.
A great veggie combo for roasting & not overly sweet! I followed the advice of other reviewers by cutting back on the vinegar & drizzling with some olive oil. Thanx Toni!