Recipe by justcallmetoni
After a trip to the farmers' market this fall I was looking for a simple way to enjoy some of the season's best vegetables. This combination fit the bill. The sugar in the rice wine vinegar really helps with the carmelization of the dish and adds a pleasing tang to this side dish.
Top Review by patticakes #3
Very nice favors with these three vegies. Took 40 minutes to cook, cut them as directed, used only 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar. Might drizzle with a bit of olive oil next time, but we loved them just with the bit of sugar and vinegar, too.
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 cup parsnip
- 2 cups butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and cut carrots, squash and parsnips into fingers 1/4 inch square and about 2 inches long.
- Toss vegetables together and place in a small roasting pan or gratin dish.
- Sprinkle with Splenda or sugar and vinegar.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir the vegetables.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until tender.