Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious, and as a bonus it's fast, easy, & healthy. Great with heavier foods like steak or a great accompaniment to any meal.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse asparagus and pat dry.
- Place on jelly roll pan or a pan with sides.
- Drizzle sesame oil onto asparagus, tossing to coat, then sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Roast for 10 - 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. I like the ends to be a little crispy.
I love sesame oil and I love fresh asparagus even more! What a delicious combination. I also had a small summer squash lying around which I sliced and added towards the end of cooking. Perfect!! I suppose many veggies would work just as well and grilling them is even more flavorful. YUM!!
Very easy and quite tasty. I added some toasted sesame seeds and freshly grated lemon zest and it was delicious. I like that it's so easy to prep and cook time is fast as well. Adjust the cooking time to the size of your asparagus spears. I had small diameter spears and cooked for about 5 mins. then shut the oven off and took them out after another 5 minutes. Fast and delicious!
A nice change from the usual olive oil roasted asparagus. Great flavor from the sesame oil, but subtle enough to let the asparagus flavor come through. Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.